Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm Proud of My Wife


And here's why . . .


This past Saturday (5/17) she received her Doctor of Ministry degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. I'm proud of her because she started this when our two children were infants and she stayed with it. She stayed with it while making a major move and becoming the Executve Pastor of one of the largest Presbyterian churches (USA) in the country. And over the past year she has worked especially hard at finishing the dissertation, Making Missional Families: The Church's Role in Guiding Families to Claim their Missional Identity, Formation and Vocation. Unlike most dissertations, that one actually sounds interesting.


And I'm especially proud (and thankful) that throughout all of that she has been a joy to live with - a great Mom, a gifted pastor, and my best friend.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Congrats to Marnie and to your family. Continuing education is tough, especially with kids. I'm proud of all you guys.