Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Twelve Days . . .

Merry Christmas! Right now we're recovering from six Christmas Eve services (actually Marnie and I were only involved in four of them) and two Christmas Day meals. We were definitely involved in both of those! This blog will get quiet for a while, perhaps twelve days or so. A few words may find their way here - but regular daily reflections will begin on January 12th. The upcoming series at PPC is "Finding God in the Everyday." If you happen to stop by during the twelve days of Christmas, I'd love some help. How do you find God in the everyday?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

How do I find God in the every day - that's super easy. Because one of my daughters is fighting cancer and we have seen several toddlers pass in the last year, I am overcome with gratitude and awe every time I am privileged to hold one (or both) of my children. I know that every day is precious and cannot be taken for granted. The honor of hearing one (or both) of my girls giggle is overhwelming. A dear friend of ours (who is 4) is on hospice. She was given a few weeks in October and was still doing well a few days ago. Sadly, on Christmas morning they think her brain tumor may have grown again - she had headaches, vomit, and slept most of the day. All bad signs for cancer patients. I know it sounds cliche, but we have been so surrounded by children not making it that the miracle of life is apparent when I get to hold either of my kids.